The step up from high school to higher education is notorious. Students must learn to organise their life and work as the intensity and quantity increase throughout the year, and it's totally normal for new students to feel overwhelmed by these changes.
Below, you'll find a few tips to help you manage stress and adapt to this new rhythm and environment:
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Try to maintain a regular sleep schedule.
- Find your own pace and organise your work accordingly.
- Draw up a work schedule.
- Do not wait until the last minute to start revising/looking for an internship.
- Make sure you have all the information on your programme (milestones, events).
- Learn to take notes during class.
- Be confident.
- Be diligent. Attend all your classes because the time spent in class represents 90% of the knowledge you will get when doing your homework.
- Find a hobby besides your studies.
- Reach out to your friends and family: you are not alone!
- Ask for an appointment with the BiM Coordinator of Studies if you feel overwhelmed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.