The gap between high school and higher studies is important. Students need to organize their personal work autonomously as the amount of work increases throughout the semesters. It is normal for freshmen students to feel overwhelmed by these changes.
You will find below a few tips to help you manage stress and adapt to this new rhythm:
- Eat well.
- Sleep well.
- Find your own pace and organize your work according to it.
- Draw up a work schedule.
- Do not wait the last minute to start revising/looking for an internship.
- Make sure you have all the information on your programme (milestones, events).
- Be careful not to write every word coming from your professor’s mouth but learn to take notes.
- Be confident.
- Be diligent. Attend all classes because they represent 90% of the work you will not need to do at home.
- Find a hobby besides studies.
- Be surrounded by your friends and family, you are not alone.
And should you need any advice or support, the Bachelor Team would be more than happy to help you!😊