The gap between high school and higher studies is well known. Students need to organize their personal work autonomously as the amount of work increases throughout the semesters. It is normal for new students to feel overwhelmed by these changes.
You will find below a few tips to help you manage stress and adapt to this new rhythm and environment:
- Eat well.
- Sleep well.
- Find your own pace and organize your work accordingly.
- Draw up a work schedule.
- Do not wait the last minute to start revising/looking for an internship.
- Make sure you have all the information on your programme (milestones, events).
- Learn to take notes during class.
- Be confident.
- Be diligent. Attend all classes because the time spent in class represents 90% of the knowledge you will get when doing your homework.
- Find a hobby besides studies.
- Be surrounded by your friends and family, you are not alone.
- Ask for an appointment with the BiM Coordinator of studies if you feel overwhelmed.