Please find enclosed the guidelines about the way your Final Exams will take place.
If you have any questions regarding examinations, please refer to your delegates who can centralize them and send them to :
For all students:
- All Final Examinations of this semester will be “distance” exams
- All Final Examinations of this semester will be asynchronous, meaning that you will have 24 hours to take the exam. It does not mean that you need 24 hours to take the exam but that you are flexible in the time at which you take it.
A lot of international students have been returning to their home countries and this solution takes into account time differences across countries. It will also facilitate the process for those who have poor internet connection.
- Therefore, we have adapted the modalities of the final exam in order to ensure fairness and avoid cheating.
We consider that a distance exam is similar to an open-book exam and that communication between students may be possible. However, communication between students is NOT encouraged as we remind you that the objective of grading is to discriminate the excellent students from the less excellent ones. Moreover, as detailed below, plagiarism software will ensure that each student is providing an individual piece of work. If there is evidence of group work for an individual final exam, penalties will apply.
- Each course coordinator is going to communicate precisely about the modalities of your final exam on Moodle.
Please note that some modules have no Final Exams (as written in the syllabus) and therefore, these instructions do not apply.
- Moodle will be the platform to download the examination, and to submit your exam copy.
Please note that some disciplines might require you to scan your copy (accounting or finance, due to math formulas). You can either use a scanner, scanning application on your mobile, or take a picture of your copy (the least recommended option).
At the beginning of the examination slot (as detailed on your RISE schedule), please connect to your Moodle course page in order to download the exam.
Make sure you don’t wait until the last 5 minutes to upload your exam as it could take some time to upload, depending on your Internet connection. As you will have 24 hours to take it, do not procrastinate!
- The Moodle platform will automatically upload your work on Turnitin, which is a plagiarism software.
Please consult your student handbook to investigate what plagiarism is. Penalties will apply in case of plagiarism.
- You will not be able to upload your exam after the time has elapsed on Moodle. Each professor has been informed not to take into account any additional work sent via another platform than Moodle.
- Due to these changes, your exam schedule is currently being updated. The modifications will be made on RISE and will appear on your agenda.
- A technical assistance will be organized during your exam period.
We understand that these new modalities require some adaptation at your level in an uncertain context, but please also consider that the examination office, IT office, Teaching & Learning Office and all the professors involved are all working proactively to ensure academic fairness and rigor. Our objective is to secure the academic calendar and make sure the Covid-19 won’t have an impact on the following semesters. We hope to come back to a normal situation as soon as possible.
We wish you all the best for the preparation of your exams and again, stay home! Take care.
The Exam team